Friday, June 14, 2013

Classroom Management Ideas - I love Pinterest!!

Teaching Blog Addict has a neat link-up idea! You can join various teacher related topics to share your pinterest pins! I decided to do classroom management this morning. I hope to join some other ones later on. 


Even though I am a new teacher, I feel that classroom management is one of my strengths. I'm not saying that I don't struggle or that some kids don't baffle me at times, but for the most part I feel in control. One thing that I feel is very important is to stay calm. Kids have a keen sense when it comes to their teachers' fear and anxiety! We may feel like it helps us gain control by raising our voices or acting out in anger, but in reality, it just makes us look crazy. I promise I am not downing anyone that has done this. I have been guilty of raising my voice before and it's not something I am proud to admit. In saying that, I have learned that you can be stern without being too loud or ugly about it. 

Since I have a new position (resource for 2nd-6th), I found something that I would like to try. I will be in different classrooms throughout the day, and I want to motivate my students and help them to the best of my abilities. To let them know that I notice them, even though I am not with them throughout the entire day, I am going to give out "caught being good" cards at random times throughout the week. After so many, they will get a reward. See pin below.

This freebie is by Making Model Students. I'd love to hear about your classroom management system!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment