New Teacher Tips Linky by A Special Kind of Class
Well, I am a new teacher!! I know I won't have tons of advice, but I have learned some things I'd like to share.
1. I've felt this way before I ever considered being a teacher, but I just don't agree with having favorite students. Yes, I know it's easy to connect with some better than others. This doesn't mean we have to make it obvious in front of the other students. They all need to feel accepted and loved.
2. Do not show your anger/fear, especially to children with behavioral issues. They take this as a challenge and in no time you're in a power battle. Be stern (no yelling) and stick to your classroom management system.
3. Be consistent! Do what you say and don't go back on your word, especially with disciplinary actions. They need to know you mean business.
4. Just love them and do your best! We are all going to make mistakes, so learn to laugh at yourself.
5. This one is for me. BE ORGANIZED!! I am starting a new position as a resource teacher with grades 2-6, and I will have to stay organized if I want to keep my insanity.
I'd love to hear some new teacher tips from teachers that have had more experience! Please comment! I love comments. :-) Have a blessed week!