Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Link-Ups with 4th Grade Frolics and Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics' Monday Made It and Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road's Eating, Drinking, and Linking Oh My!


I know it's Tuesday now, but I still wanted to link up with 4th Grade Frolics. I really enjoy the Monday Made It link up! It helps motivate me to bring out my creative side! So, this year will by my first teaching position. I am now a LRE-Resource teacher for 2nd-5th grade. Before this new position, I was a student and upon graduating I became a full time sub in an extended resource room. I am so excited about this new position, and everyone that I have met at the school has been so warm and positive. Since I will have several grades to keep up with, I wanted to stay organized with student info, common core standards, and I felt it would be very needful to have a detailed sub folder. I printed off some binder cover sheets and purchased some binders at Wal Mart. When I went to Wal Mart, I couldn't remember the colors in the cover pages. I am kind of wishing I just got blue and black binders now. I'm sure I will find a reason to buy other binders once I get started. :-) Here are my new binders. 


I cannot find the person responsible for making these cute cover pages. If anyone knows, please leave me a comment. I will go back and add their name. I want to give credit where credit is due! 

I haven't printed off the common core standards yet. Does anyone know where you can get them in a straight forward manner? I know they are on the common core website, but I don't really like the layout on there. 

For my sub folder, I made an IEP Summary Form. I'll have one included for each student. You can download this free form from my TPT store. I could not find any IEP Summary's that included notes for individualized behavior management, so that is why I decided to make one for myself. In special education, it's important for everyone involved to know what the kids need emotionally, physically, and academically. If you download this, please leave feedback! :-) 


On to Eating Drinking and Linking Oh My! 


I want to start this section off by saying I love the blog Six Sisters' Stuff. They have tons of quick recipes!! One of my favorite (not so quick) recipes from them is Poppy Seed Chicken. It tastes just as good for leftover nights. Here is the recipe: 

Poppy Seed Chicken
2 cups of chicken, cooked and diced
2 cups of Ritz crackers, crushed 
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds 
(I personally just put how much I want of poppy seeds. I like the crunchiness.)
1 can (10.75 oz) of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
There are some optional ingredients, but I do not add them. They are:
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together chicken, soup, and sour cream in a large bowl. Add in Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and lemon juice if desired. In another bowl, mixed together crushed crackers, poppy seeds, and melted butter, Stir until butter is completely incorporated. Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cook spray. Spread chicken mixture on the bottom and top with cracker mixture. Cover pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes. Enjoy!






Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Love Six Sisters! The IEPER summary form is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! I might should have mentioned that poppy seeds can cause you to fail a drug test! Anyone who is getting a new position may not want to eat poppy seed chicken! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Tasha!
    Here is a great video tutorial so you won't be a no-reply blogger anymore! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo80Ilm0IFA

    Let me know if it doesn't work - I'm here to help!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new position! Last year I was a K-5 special education teacher, and from the sounds of it you are on the right track. Organization is key.

    Something I found hard was finding a way to keep track of ongoing data/assessments/probes. Covering two schools and making sure that all of my paras knew my expectations (if they were the ones administering the task) and then gleaning information and organizing it in a way that showed the student's progression overtime... that was an ongoing project over the whole year. I think it was the resource room teacher who had a binder full of different probes for throughout the year, many came from Intervention Central, FCRR has a great resource called "Cool Tools" as well. I borrowed from both greatly.

    Also, thank you for linking up! That chicken looks so good, but it's not surprising...the Six Sisters always have delicious eats and treats!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the IEP summary! Grabbing it...thanks!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tasha,

    Love the binder covers. Let me know if you find where you got them. By the way, thanks for following me and commenting on my post.

    Teaching, Stitching, and Parenting

    ReplyDelete