Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tried it Tuesday - Kindle Planner

I am linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper's Tried it Tuesday! 


     When the Kindle's first came out as a book reader only, I bought one and loved it!! Then, here came the Kindle Fire. I just HAD to have it. Not only for reading purposes, but I thought it'd be great to have a daily planner and budget app on there. I've had my Kindle Fire for probably 2 years, and the only thing I use it for is reading!! I just cannot break free from pencil and paper. There is something about having my notes and to do lists written down on paper that finalizes it for me. Has anyone switched completely over to technology for everything? Are you in half and half, or would you prefer pencil and paper?


Cattle Talk Mobile

     This has nothing to do with teaching, but I want to support my husband and get the word out for his cattle app. It's a great tool for cattle farmers because it pulls the market reports from the USDA. The app for the iOS devices has a calf calculator that will help farmers estimate the value of a calf. Pretty cool, huh!? He's in the process of adding this feature to the Android version, too. If you know of any cattle farmers, please share this with them.

Facebook - Cattle Talk Mobile
Twitter - Cattle Talk Mobile
 


Cattle Talk Mobile
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. A cattle app! How brilliant! I grew up on a farm with tons of cattle. I'm going to share this app with my dad and brother-in-law. Great idea!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for helping spread the word!

      Delete
  2. Although I do not know much for about cattle...the app sounds awesome and super helpful! I am one of those people who loves to read but have yet to invest in a kindle of any time...maybe one day soon I will be able to! Thanks for sharing!

    PS I am your newest follower!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. :-) I am also following you. I love your blog and its purpose!

      Delete
  3. I have a Kindle Fire in my classroom that the kids use but I am completely addicted to my iPad. I keep things in evernote, in the calendar and I make my plans on the computer and then store them in Dropbox so I can view it on my device (along with about a million other things). Evernote and Dropbox both have a Kindle apps.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I just haven't found the right apps to use! I'll check those out. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I found your blog through the linky party. I'm a new follower. I'm a half-and-half kind of girl. Love technology, but if I am taking notes in class or a meeting I would rather have a pencil and paper.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya Bethany! Thanks for following me! I just returned the favor!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the basic Kindle and I like that I only use it for reading. If I had the internet on it, I would probably get distracted. I type a lot of notes for department meetings and such at school but love making to-do lists using paper and pencil still:) Thanks for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete