Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FREE Weekly Progress and Behavior Form - Wednesday Website Link-up & Wednesday Workshop Link-up

Weekly Progress and Behavior

I just began participating in a book study on "Reading Without Limits" that Charts & Chit Chat: Best Practices for 4 Teaching is facilitating. We got off to a great start, and I am looking forward to engaging in this week's post! I am sure she would still be happy for anyone to jump in! 


On last week's post, we began talking a little on the importance of providing feedback to our students. An issue that came up was how we provide feedback to the students, but the parents do not know about the strengths and struggles of their child. Jennifer, from Charts & Chit Chat, and I thought it'd be a good idea to come up with a weekly form to send home to parents. We agreed that it needed to have positive feedback listed first, so parents would know we are truly there for the best interest of their child. After listing the strengths and weaknesses for that week, there is a place to check whether your student's behavior has been satisfactory or unsatisfactory. I know some teachers like to give details each week on the behavior being excellent, fair, or bad. I do not like to include if their behavior has been fair because we are all human, and children shouldn't feel that they have to be perfect (because none of us are). Every teacher has their own way of doing things, though. I don't believe there is one particular right way. How do you keep parents up-to-date on their child's progress? 

I hope you find this form useful. I am not sure why the check boxes are black, but it will not look like this when you go to the google docs. If you have any issues there, you may go download it for free at my TPT store. If you do this, I would really appreciate feedback! :-) Thanks!


Wednesday Website Link-Up by Tales From Outside the Classroom



I am linking up with Tales from Outside the Classroom to share some great websites for students. 

The first website I want to share is SpellingCity.com. I love it and so do children! My favorite thing about this website is that you are able to type in the spelling words you all are working on and use them in the games. 

VocabularySpellingCity

Another website I'd like to share is Whiz Kid Games. It's an educational website for autistic children. There are games to help them improve their ability in things such as how to cope with change and follow directions. 



Wednesday Workshop Link-up by Ideas By Jivey: For the Classroom



I am linking up with Workshop Wednesday to share a cool idea for my sub folder that I am working on. I was recently a sub, so I remember going into a classroom without knowing a single student! It makes it hard when you don't know names. 



  









Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. I love spelling city too! It is a great tool for kids! I love that there is a free version to it too!! Thanks for sharing! PS I love your pin-I would love to do that for my subs as we!!

    Amanda

    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the visual class list. That would be very helpful for a sub.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a sub! I know kids try to get one over on the sub by acting like they are someone else. I teach three resource math classes. This idea would be super-easy to create using Infinite Campus (our attendance/gradebook/contact info program). Thanks!!!

    Erin
    Shenanigans in 6th Grade Math

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sub idea is a great one! Thanks for linking up!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice with Spelling City. We have a ton of teachers that use this every single week.
    I just found your blog through the link up!

    thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great form. Feedback is so important! :) Have a great day!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also reading Reading Without Limits this summer. It is a great book. Really has me thinking about how to run my centers and reading resource groups more efficiently and effectively. I found you through the Charts and Chit Chat blog.
    Follow my special Ed blog over at mrshsresourceroom.blogspot.com

    Kim

    ReplyDelete