Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Special Tidbit & Liebster Award Double!

I haven't took the time lately to blog much about useful information that pertains to special education. I am going to work on making more time for that. I have been sharing something I call Special Tidbits on my facebook page. I share a small amount of useful information that may help teachers or even parents. I wanted to share one that I just recently posted. 

I am a huge fan of hands-on activities
because of the benefits it provides.
Here are some benefits: greater memory
retention, provides stimulation which motivates,
critical thinking involvement, and students
can learn/grow in real life experiences.

What are some of your favorite hands-on activities? Can you think of some other benefits? 


I have been nominated twice for the Liebster award by Creations by Mrs. Mouse and A Day in the Life of a Title I Teacher. Liebster means beloved cute, lovely, dearest, and welcome! How nice!! I feel very humbled and blessed. Since I have been nominated, I have a few things to do. So, this may be a long post. 
The rules that I must follow are:

1. Link back to the blog(s) that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator(s)
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees 
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them.

Questions from Creations by Mrs. Mouse
1. Do you have any pets? Yes, a black pug. His name is Dooley and he's my fur baby!!
2. What grade do you teach? Is this your favorite? I am a resource teacher for grades 2-6. I am hoping to transition into extended resource in December.
3. Are you a night owl or do you go to bed early, even in the summer? I love my sleep. I try to get in bed at a decent hour, so I can feel good the next day.
4. Which season is your favorite and why? I love fall because of the comfortable temperature and the beautiful colors.
5. How do you relax? naps, hot baths, stretch
6. What is something that you wish you had been taught in college about teaching? I wish we could have started student teaching on the first day school, so you feel more prepared for that first week of school!
7. What is your favorite sweet concoction? mint chocolate chip ice cream!
8. If you could be a superhero, which one would it be and why? I don't really know on this one. My superhero is my Savior. I guess I like just having the power of prayer!! 
9. If you could learn something new, what would it be? I am in the process of learning to play the piano. It'd be nice for some extra time to practice! 
10. Do you have children? I hope one day.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve? I hate for someone to move something and not know if they are putting it in the right place because it makes it hard to find later! 

Questions from A Day In The Life Of A Title I Teacher
1. What's one of your funniest teaching moments? It made the kids laugh when I accidentally pulled off the dry erase marker lid and had it fly across the room. 
2. Have you traveled outside of your home country? No, I would love to go to Australia!
3. If you could be on a talk show or reality show, which one would it be and why? I would love to be on American Idol because I love to sing, but I am intimidated by the judges! I am 25, and I think that's the age limit?
4. What made you decide to start blogging? I want to learn from others that have been in the teaching profession longer than me. I have already learned so much!
5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? I wish I could force people to see that Jesus is worth living for. I'd give anything to be able to give the lost and uncertain the feeling that I have. 
6. What actor/actress would you want to portray you in a movie? Sandra Bullock, I love that woman!
7. What's your favorite book? The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
8. How do you spend your free time? I enjoy working on TpT stuff (it's more of a hobby, than work), work out, walk my dog, spend time with my awesome husband, church, listen to Dave Ramsey
9. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Australia or Germany
10. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, alive or dead, real or fictional, who would it be? This may sound silly, but Deanna Jump (top TpT seller). I love her story and would love to hear more. I admire her. Also, Kari Jobe! She awesome.
11. If you didn't teach, what job would you have? I would probably be a counselor. I think I already am, without the certification! :-)

11 Random Facts
1. I love to smell farms (mixture of grass, cows/horses, and manure).
2. I love to smell old, musky books.
3. My dog beats away my mild depression/anxiety.
4. I only have a few "real" friends, and I feel blessed for that.
5. I'm scared to death of being a disappointment in the teacher and blog world. 
6. I will find ways to get a good laugh. I seek to be around those crazy, fun people.
7. I was chased by a horse as a child, and I still love them! 
8. I sing in a bluegrass gospel group.
9. I do not like to hear, "You can't do it." or "I can't do it." If you tell me that I can't, I'll do it or die trying. If you say you can't, then you will hear a sermon from me!
10. I collect willow angels. My husband buys me one for every V-day. I love them much more than flowers. 
11. Most importantly, I am a child of the King and proud of it.

11 Questions for my Nominees
1. What is your favorite thing to do during the summer?
2. What's your favorite holiday? Why?
3. What would you want to do if you weren't a teacher?
4. Do you live in the country or in the city? Do you like it?
5. Does blogging help you to be a better teacher? 
6. What are your hobbies, when you aren't working on teacher stuff?
7. Do you have any pets? 
8. What's your favorite place to eat?
9. What's your style? (preppy, beach bum, sporty, etc.)
10. What's your favorite thing to watch? (something on TV, rodeos, sports, etc.)
11. Are you an Android or Apple person? 

I nominate
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together
Digital: Divide & Conquer
24/7 Teacher
The Wild Rumpus
The Autism Tank





Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Tasha! I so appreciate you nominating me. It was so much fun to learn more about you in this blog. :) Don't you EVER worry about being a disappointment! You are awesome. I can just tell by your blog. I love willow angels, too! :) Thanks again! I am going to work on those questions!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to get to know you through this post! I'm scared to death of being a failure in the blogging world too! Congrats on your nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading through your post! I have the same feelings to girls! Your blog is amazing! Very rich!

    Thanks so much for the nomination! I consider it an honor coming from you!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize you got this -wow now you are triple nominated so there is a link to your website on my page. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete