I feel like sharing some do's and don'ts for seizures. I know
people are concerned and want to help, but sometimes they
make the situation worse without even realizing it. Here are
some general things to remember if you are faced with a
situation where someone is seizing.
- Stay Calm
- Speak Softly
- Check the time - Seizures that last for more than 5 minutes can be extremely dangerous.
- Keep them safe by clearing their space of sharp objects and other items.
- Turn their heads to the side in order to keep their airway clear.
- Turn off the lights.
Don'tLet me know if there is anything you want to share outside of this list! I am sure I will learn something new by reading comments from others.
- Restrain them.
- Offer food or drink until they are alert
- Put anything in their mouth (including fingers)
- Crowd them - When someone is seizing, do not circle around them. They need their space.
Annual TPT Sale ~ 28% Off
Teachers Pay Teachers is having their annual back-to-school sale on August 18-19!! All items in my store will be 28% off! Click on the link to visit my store, A Tender Teacher for Special Needs.