Monday, August 4, 2014

August Currently

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade


Listening: My little pug will start whimpering when it's close to his feeding time. I think he's afraid I'll forget about him! :-) I have certain times when I feed him each day, though. I don't like to stray from that if I can help it. 

Loving: I have been going to the grocery store once a month to get the biggest part of my groceries. It has been an ongoing learning experience, but this last trip has been the most successful. I discovered that you can freeze milk and I found it at 2.89 a gallon at Aldi!! So, while I shopped, my husband went and bought a cooler for me to put our milk in. I went to 3 different stores, so I wanted to keep my cold stuff cold! Anyway, it has been very nice not to stop for milk! 

Thinking: The room I will be in this year was a mess. I had no clue what I had and didn't have. It has took most of the summer to clean it up and organize it. I still have many things I want to do, but the summer just hasn't allowed me enough time. I am okay with that because I worked as hard as I could. The other things will get done with time. 

Wanting: I have been wanting to watch The Chronicles of Narnia for forever! My husband and I finally took the time to watch the first one a few weeks ago. We watched the 2nd one last week and now I'm just itching to watch the others! C.S. Lewis is a favorite author of mine! 

Needing: I desperately need some new clothes! I'm simple when it comes to my wardrobe and I feel like everything is crazy looking anymore. I'm not a fan of loud prints and I am now picky about the way things feel on me. I also refuse to pay $30 for a top. Does anyone else have these issues? 

1st Day You and Kids: I start back tomorrow and the kids will be there on Tuesday! I can't believe it! I'm a little nervous because I feel like I still have so much to do. Somehow, it always works out. I trust that it will this week, too. There would be something wrong if we didn't worry as teachers. It shows we care! 

I almost forgot! I am participating in the back to school sale. I have a few back to school goodies! :-) Click on the image to visit my store. 


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, okay so no need to answer my question about when kids come back (reading is fundamental). And about C.S. Lewis? I re-read the Chronicles of Narnia series every few years since I was in 2nd grade (the first time they were ever read to me). Now you’ve got me wanting to re-watch the movies. Oh all right, I will.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you’ll visit again!
    *Kate*
    Windows Into My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters LOVE all things Narnia. My oldest is reading the series and also loves to do archery. She dressed as Susan last year for Halloween too.
    Happy new school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always heard you could freeze milk but have never tried! I'm gonna try this now and that's an awesome price for milk! If you worked as hard as you could then you did your best and that's all you can do! Hope you had a great first day today!

    ReplyDelete