Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Special Tidbits Linky: Schedule Pieces with SymbolStix (Part 2)


Hey everyone! It takes no time for Sunday to roll back around! I can't believe this is already my 5th time hosting the link up. I hope you will join me this week! 

I decided to do a part 2 to my schedule because I wasn't settled on how I did it last week. Looking at it kind of overwhelmed me a little bit. I felt like if it made me feel overwhelmed, it would have to make the kids feel that way! So, I left the schedules up for my self contained students and made a schedule on clipboards for my inclusion students. I feel much better about doing it this way! 

This is what the clipboard schedules will look like. I added the time for this student because he loves clocks and paying attention to the time. I will remember this for the next time I have to make schedule pieces because it's an additional way to practice an important life skill! 


Here is my wall schedule. I now have 8 on here instead of 14!! Now that I know a little bit about my students, I decided to put them into 4 groups by ability level. I have green, orange, blue, and yellow. All of my yellow students are inclusion for part of the day, so they will have a clipboard. Their names are on a yellow background, like the one above in blue. 


It's took some time for me to get this down, but I finally feel like I have a system that will work! I may have to tweak their schedules a little bit along the way, but that's to be expected. 

Now it is your turn! You can blog about your schedule system or choose something unrelated to my post completely. I'm just looking for helpful tips/ideas for myself and other teachers! 









Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a clipboard schedule! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been successful so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete