Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Special Tidbits Blog Hop: Lunch Vocabulary



Hey everyone!

Sorry for the short delay on my post! We enjoyed an evening with friends and I was not able to type it up yesterday. Before I was hired for my teaching position, I worked as a full time assistant in an extended resource classroom for half a year. The teacher was WONDERFUL and I got so many ideas from her. This is one of them. I am going to share how I will work with my kids on their lunch vocabulary this year. It's a short and simple way to incorporate it into your morning gathering time. See below:

Put a piece of Velcro on the back of each food card and on the tray.
I got my food cards from symbolstix on Unique. 


Then, pick out whatever you are having for lunch that day in the cafeteria! 
Take turns by having each student tell one item they are having for lunch.
If they are ready, you could ask them what food group it belongs to.


For all the other food cards, I just keep them in a Ziploc bag. 

Now it's you're turn! What is your Sunday Special Tidbit? 


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog! I love the idea of sharing simple ideas and such to make things a little easier in the classroom. I look forward to exploring your blog some more. Have a great rest of the summer!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. This will be something new I add this year.

    ReplyDelete